After last night’s disaster, the only surprise is that nobody knew at what time this would be announced.
An official announcement was released by the university this morning after 11:00 am EST.
Tennessee Athletic Director Dave Hart released this statement:
Derek and I met early this morning, and I informed him that I believed a change in leadership, despite the positive contributions he has made to the overall health of the program, was in the best long-term interests of Tennessee football. We will immediately begin the search for the best possible candidate to assume this leadership role.
The university’s statement also indicated that Dooley will not coach this coming Saturday against Kentucky. Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney will be the interim.
A press conference will be held in Knoxville at 2:00pm EST. It is widely reported that Dooley will not be in attendance.
More will be posted later today, including a requiem on last night’s embarrassment.
Vols 2013 Schedule
31 Aug Austin Peay
07 Sep W. Kentucky
14 Sep @ Oregon
21 Sep @ Florida
28 Sep South Alabama
05 Oct Georgia
12 Oct open date
19 Oct South Carolina
26 Oct @Alabama
02 Nov @Missouri
09 Nov Auburn
16 Nov open date
23 Nov Vanderbilt
30 Nov @Kentucky
- @et4vols Congrats! It's by showing respect, communicating (listening), and some good luck, too. Next year is my 30th. 23 minutes ago
- @Living4laughs Being an A's, Phillies, and Warriors fan has that strange interrelationship. I love it. 50 minutes ago
- Philly's Mr. Basketball. RT @Living4laughs: Our Mecca. No one bigger than Wilt. That legend is larger than life. Kind of like Babe Ruth. 3 hours ago
- @Living4laughs I'm pulling for them. 3 hours ago
- @Living4laughs I was in Philly in Feb. Drove into town along the main line. I saw Overbrook HS. I stopped in my tracks when I saw that. 3 hours ago
- Fear and Loathing of NSD
- Butch Jones: The Choice to Conduct Yet Another Rebuild at Tennessee
- Is it Time to Push the Panic Button?
- Vol Nation Comes Back to Earth: Straight Down from Space without a Parachute
- Some Fun for a Change
- The Dreaded Snowman
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt: A Microcosm of the Macrocosm
- The Dave Hart Show
- Dooley Fired
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt Preview: The Game as a Mere Distraction