After last night’s disaster, the only surprise is that nobody knew at what time this would be announced.
An official announcement was released by the university this morning after 11:00 am EST.
Tennessee Athletic Director Dave Hart released this statement:
Derek and I met early this morning, and I informed him that I believed a change in leadership, despite the positive contributions he has made to the overall health of the program, was in the best long-term interests of Tennessee football. We will immediately begin the search for the best possible candidate to assume this leadership role.
The university’s statement also indicated that Dooley will not coach this coming Saturday against Kentucky. Offensive Coordinator Jim Chaney will be the interim.
A press conference will be held in Knoxville at 2:00pm EST. It is widely reported that Dooley will not be in attendance.
More will be posted later today, including a requiem on last night’s embarrassment.
Vols 2013 Schedule
31 Aug Austin Peay
07 Sep W. Kentucky
14 Sep @ Oregon
21 Sep @ Florida
28 Sep South Alabama
05 Oct Georgia
12 Oct open date
19 Oct South Carolina
26 Oct @Alabama
02 Nov @Missouri
09 Nov Auburn
16 Nov open date
23 Nov Vanderbilt
30 Nov @Kentucky
- Too late. RT @NBCSportsRadio: We are aware of the insensative tweet posted earlier! Please accept our sincere apology on this matter. 1 hour ago
- RT @richarddeitsch: For social media editors following here: Print this tweet out as an example of epic social media fails. SMH. https://t… 1 hour ago
- @JimmySpencerNBA >>> They don't call the Florida panhandle the "Redneck Riviera" for nothing. 2 hours ago
- Carolina is now taking the whipping stick to Michigan State. #GoHeels 17 hours ago
- OK. Lets get this straight: 'alumnus' is SINGULAR and 'alumni' is PLURAL. So if YOU are an alumni, you have a multiple personality disorder. 17 hours ago
- Fear and Loathing of NSD
- Butch Jones: The Choice to Conduct Yet Another Rebuild at Tennessee
- Is it Time to Push the Panic Button?
- Vol Nation Comes Back to Earth: Straight Down from Space without a Parachute
- Some Fun for a Change
- The Dreaded Snowman
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt: A Microcosm of the Macrocosm
- The Dave Hart Show
- Dooley Fired
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt Preview: The Game as a Mere Distraction