How to win the Sugar Bowl
First, don’t play Wisconsin during the regular season. Then, get invited to the Sugar Bowl and play a perpetually overrated school.
When there, get out-gained, 377 to 184 total yards, get out-rushed, 163 to 56 yards, get out-passed, 214 to 128 yards, and have possession of the ball nearly 14 minutes less than your opponent. And finally, play a team with a third-string place kicker who, after successfully kicking four field goals in regulation, can’t make a 37-yarder in overtime. Yes, it was another day of kicking sensations.
College football — ya gotta love it.
Vols 2012 Football Schedule
31 Aug NC State (@Atl) W 35-21
08 Sep Georgia State W 51-13
15 Sep Florida L 37-20
22 Sep Akron W 47-26
29 Sep @Georgia L 51-44
06 Oct Open Date
13 Oct @Mississippi State L 41-31
20 Oct Alabama L 44-13
27 Oct @South Carolina L 38-35
03 Nov Troy W 55-48
10 Nov Missouri L 51-48 (4 OT)
17 Nov @Vanderbilt L 41-18
24 Nov Kentucky W 37-17
- Nice shot. 11 hours ago
- Hurry up. My salmon is on the grill. 11 hours ago
- How many ways can you spell Epic? 11 hours ago
- Ain't no way Miami coughs this one up now. #shame 11 hours ago
- Celtics Magic! 11 hours ago
- Fear and Loathing of NSD
- Butch Jones: The Choice to Conduct Yet Another Rebuild at Tennessee
- Is it Time to Push the Panic Button?
- Vol Nation Comes Back to Earth: Straight Down from Space without a Parachute
- Some Fun for a Change
- The Dreaded Snowman
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt: A Microcosm of the Macrocosm
- The Dave Hart Show
- Dooley Fired
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt Preview: The Game as a Mere Distraction