Was the Iron Bowl in Muscle Shoals?
The University of Alabama terminated an employee Monday who played unauthorized music over the Bryant-Denny Stadium public address system prior to Friday’s Iron Bowl.
The staffer was part-time, according to UA Public Relations Director Debbie Lane, but has not been named by the university. Two of the pre-game song choices were “Take the Money and Run,” by The Steve Miller Band, and “Son of a Preacher Man,” recorded by Dusty Springfield in 1968 and later by recording legend Aretha Franklin.
Cam Newton and his daddy were the obvious targets.
Pure class, those Rammer Jammers. But, at least they fired the idiot who thought he was a DJ at a frat party instead of a football game.
Tags: Cam Newton
Vols 2013 Schedule
31 Aug Austin Peay
07 Sep W. Kentucky
14 Sep @ Oregon
21 Sep @ Florida
28 Sep South Alabama
05 Oct Georgia
12 Oct open date
19 Oct South Carolina
26 Oct @Alabama
02 Nov @Missouri
09 Nov Auburn
16 Nov open date
23 Nov Vanderbilt
30 Nov @Kentucky
- #GoSmall MT @SherwoodStrauss: Warriors find themselves in this bizarre circumstance where they can improve on D by using Nellieball tactics. 3 hours ago
- I can't wait for Iggy to come back fully healthy. #Warriors need him so badly. 3 hours ago
- 7 of last 8 #Warriors games have been on road. Thankfully, 7 of next 9 will be at home. 3 hours ago
- Late Warriors run falls shot and they fall by 4 in Charlotte. Another frustrating road loss. Too many of those so far this season. 3 hours ago
- Warriors 1 for 12 at the 3-point arc. Thus, Charlotte leads 53-41 at the half. It pretty much works like that for the Dubs. 5 hours ago
- Fear and Loathing of NSD
- Butch Jones: The Choice to Conduct Yet Another Rebuild at Tennessee
- Is it Time to Push the Panic Button?
- Vol Nation Comes Back to Earth: Straight Down from Space without a Parachute
- Some Fun for a Change
- The Dreaded Snowman
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt: A Microcosm of the Macrocosm
- The Dave Hart Show
- Dooley Fired
- Tennessee-Vanderbilt Preview: The Game as a Mere Distraction